YUKON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
8:30 Cafeteria opens
8:30 playground opens
8:50 first bell (class begins 4 & 5)
8:59 class begins gr. TK/P, K,1st – 3rd
10:30 – 10:45 Recess
12:00 – 12:45 Kinder, 1st & 2nd Lunch
12:30 - 1:15 Grades 3, 4, & 5 Lunch
1:59 Kinder Dismissal
3:02 – 3:12 Recess
3:12 Grades 1-5 dismissal
(2:27 dismissal gr. 1-5 WEDNESDAYS)
(Fun Friday recess 2:52 – 3:12)
Morning Drop Off and Pick Up
All cars should always enter through the North entrance. This keeps traffic flowing in one direction. Exit out of the parking lot by the South exit.
No students should ever be dropped off in the staff parking lot. There is no student or parent entrance from the staff parking lot.
Please follow the orange valet lane in the morning to drop off your child in the appropriate area. Never double-park to drop off your child. Cars needing to get to other areas of the parking lot will be passing on the open lane to the left of the morning valet cones.
Always be careful when exiting the drive-thru for it is often a traffic jam and can be dangerous!!
All parents are reminded to never park in the red zone! This is for emergency vehicles or buses only. Never park in the handicap area unless you have a handicap placard.
Quiet time will be provided in the cafeteria from 8:15-8:30. The cafeteria will open at 8:30 for breakfast. The Kindergarten playground will open at 8:30. The basketball court playground will open at 8:30 for grades 1 through 5.
If you would like to accompany your child into the cafeteria or onto the designated playgrounds in the morning, please notify your child's teacher. She will send your name to the office where all names will be checked through the Megan database. The office will issue you a laminated card with your name on it indicating you are a Morning Guest. You will simply keep the card, there is no need to sign in or check out at the office. In this way, if the teacher on duty doesn't recognize someone she can ask to see the card and know that the children are safe.
Please consider the following points:
1. Do not drop off your children before 8:15. It is a problem to drop off your children before supervision can be provided.
2. The time before school is not a recess. So please plan your morning to drop off your children shortly before school bell rings.
3. At 8:30, if your student is not eating breakfast, then the child will go to the proper playground. Everyone will stay on the blacktop during this time.
4. Children who remain in the cafeteria may go to their appropriate playground whenevr they finish their breakfast.
5. Once the 8:50 or 8:59 bell rings, school has officially started. It is important to say good-bye to your children before they get in line. You should exit the school at this time. Please do not accompany your child to his or her class.
6. Please do not conference with your child's teacher at this time.
7. Do not park in the staff parking lot or staff parking places bordering Yukon Avenue.
8. Please remember to use the front gate or the "Z" gate. For you and your child's safety, please do not walk through the staff parking lot.
School Office Hours
Yukon Elementary School Office is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please feel free to come in, call (310.533.4477), or send an email through the Contact Us link.